- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pumpkin
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9" deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour sugar mixture and corn starch into pumpkin and mix well.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 40-50 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!