The secret to good home fries is to bake them at a high heat in a single layer. Some prefer to cook them at a lower temperatures, though, to reduce exposure to acrylamides.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 10 small red potatoes, or any other kind of potato or root vegetable
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil , warmed to a liquid
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450° F
- Cut the potatoes into similar sized pieces - wedges or fries.
- Put the coconut oil, salt and seasoning into a bowl. Add the potatoes and toss them until well coated.
- Spread in a single layer on parchment paper on a baking tray. Bake. The key is to cook them really hot, without burning them – to get lots of crunch and crispy bits.
- In 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces, test the potatoes to see if they are cooked. Turn the potatoes, if desired.
- If cooked inside but not crispy yet, turn the oven up to the highest setting and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with ketchup, mayo, or just as they are. Enjoy!