Vegan Jalapeño, Pineapple, and Bacon Pizza
Jalapeño, pineapple, and coconut bacon come together to make the perfect pizza. Because the dough only needs to rest for 10 minutes, this is a great meal for busy evenings.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:21pm
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups flour + 3 Tablespoons
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-1 cups marinara sauce
- 1 8-ounce package vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups coconut bacon
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- For the Dough: Preheat oven to 400º. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl. Whisk to combine, until yeast is dissolved. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in 3 cups flour, 3 Tablespoons olive oil, and salt. Sprinkle extra flour if too sticky.
- Form into a round ball and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Knead dough until smooth. Using your hands, shape dough into a circle; about 12 inches wide. Place on prepared baking sheet and continue to spread out. For a thicker crust do not spread out too much.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- For the toppings: Pour marinara sauce into center of pizza dough. Use a spoon or spatula to spread evenly to edges of crust. Sprinkle vegan cheese on top.
- Next, sprinkle coconut bacon on top of vegan cheese. Place pineapple and jalapeño evenly across pizza.
- Return pizza to oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!