Creamy Stuffed Dates
These super simple treats will satisfy your little ghouls and monsters while they wait for their candy piles to be inspected on Halloween.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 Tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ - ⅓ cup water, as needed
- 14-16 pitted dates, soaked for 1 hour
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon zest or orange zest
- Combine cashews, agave, extracts, and sea salt in a food processor. While machine is running, gradually add water in. Pulse in spurts - scraping down sides with a spatula. Only add enough water to create a smooth creamy consistency. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While waiting for the cashew cream to chill, slice dates lengthwise on one side to create a large opening.
- Fill each date with about a Tablespoon of cashew filling. Sprinkle lemon zest on top as a garnish. Serve and enjoy!