- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ cups tomato, cut in half
- ½ cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Rinse 2 cups rice and place in a pot with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, toss together arugula, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and Italian dressing.
- When rice is cooked, remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Pour salad mixture over rice and top with pine nuts. Enjoy!