Hawaiian Quesadilla recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- ¼ jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 (6-ounce) package meatless Canadian “bacon”, cut into small triangles
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or vegan substitute (optional)
- 4 large tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, jalapeño, and tomato. Sauté until onions are slightly browned – about 2-3 minutes.
- Add Canadian “bacon” and brown for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pineapple, olives, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a separate, large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet. Spread about half of the pasta sauce over to cover surface.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese on top of sauce. Spread half of the sauté mixture over to cover tortilla.
- Sprinkle another ½ cup cheese over and place a tortilla on top and let cook until bottom is lightly browned. Flip and cook until other side is lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from skillet and slightly cool. Cut into 8 triangles.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve and enjoy!