- 3½ cups orzo pasta, cooked and set aside
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 Vegan sausage links, crumbled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup currant tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- ½ cup pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes or until translucent.
- Add vegan sausage and garlic. Cook until sausage is slightly browned.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cooked orzo, olives, lemon juice, tomatoes, spinach, pesto, salt and pepper.
- Add sauté mixture and mix well. Best at room temperature. Serve and Enjoy!