Quinoa Salad w/ Chopped Vegetables
This detoxifying, colorful, and nutritious salad doesn’t skimp on taste. This dish yields a very large salad that can be served fresh or made ahead of time. Refrigerate salad with the dressing on the side to enjoy throughout the week.
Updated: Fri, 05/04/2018 - 7:59am
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1½ cup water
- 2 broccoli crowns, finely chopped
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- ½ onion, sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ - ½ jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- To prepare Quinoa: Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and then lower to a simmer for 10-12 minutes. Little white tails will sprout out of the quinoa to help indicate doneness.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Add all Salad ingredients to cooled quinoa. Toss together to combine.
- Combine all Dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until well-combined. Pour dressing over salad and toss together when ready to serve. Keep any remaining dressing in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve and enjoy!