on Thursday - August 5, 2021
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full-time Kitchen Manager Trainee in our Deli department at one of our stores.
Willingness to learn and support and promote a healthy lifestyle is essential. This person will learn all stations and positions in our Delis to become trained to be able to fill a position of Assistant Deli Manager or Deli Manager of one of our Delis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- At least 2 years' experience in food service
- ServSafe certified or willing to attain within one year of being in the position
- Knowledge of sanitary food handling and preparation techniques
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of products and trends in the natural foods and conventional food service industry
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of stakeholders including team members, suppliers, customers, and management
- Experience serving the public
- Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well
- Experience and competence with Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to work any shift in any store on Oahu
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, access to free nutritional supplements in our Wellness Dept, 401k and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: http://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
- During training - up to $20 per hour
- Deli Assistant Manager - up to $950 per week salary
- During Training - could be any shifts so must be flexible
- Deli Assistant Manager - fixed schedule but could be mornings or evenings
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kahului, Kapolei, and Honolulu. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Assistant Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!