Crispy Chicky Tenders
Your keiki will never believe that they're eating something healthy as they're snacking on these protein-filled, gluten free, crispy chicky tenders!
Updated: Tue, 05/19/2020 - 1:43pm
- 1 ½ cup GF oats, blended into flour. (or just use oat flour!)
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed & drained (+ 1 tablespoon chickpea liquid)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons veggie broth
- ½ cup GF breadcrumbs
- ½ cup unsweetened corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Crush corn flakes by hand or lightly pulse in a food processor. Add to a lined baking sheet with breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown. Set aside for later. This is an optional step but makes your tenders crispier!
- Sautee diced onion over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside.
- Add cooked onions and the rest of the tenders ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mixture forms a sticky dough.
- Use a spoon to spoon a bit of dough onto the toasted crust. Roll the tender in the crust until completely coated.
- Place breaded tenders onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until crispy and browned
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces like vegan ranch, ketchup or buffalo!