For Spice Blend:
- 1 Tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- 9 cinnamon sticks (3 inches) broken into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon of whole cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 2 Tablespoons whole green cardamom pods
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
For Chai Tea:
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon of Chai Masala Spice Mix
- 2 black tea bags (or green tea, or other tea varieties)
- Sweetener to taste - stevia, honey, sugar, etc.
- 1/2 cup of almond, rice, soy or dairy milk
- To make the chai spice mix, put all the ingredients in a spice grinder, nut mill, or the dry jug of a powerful blender like a Vitamix. Process to a fine powder. Sift, if desired, to get an even finer powder.
- Store in an airtight container. It will keep for six months.
- To make chai tea, boil the water in a large saucepan. Add the tea bags, 1 teaspoon of the chai masala spice mix and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add stevia or another sweetener (they say that not adding too much is one of the secrets to a good chai.) Stir in the milk.
- Serve! Enjoy!