Healthy Carob Cake
If you love rich, decadent desserts, this is the cake for you! This Carob Cake is vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free and uses black beans!
Updated: Tue, 08/25/2020 - 9:23am
- 1 14-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons flax meal + 6 Tablespoons water)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil, melted (optional)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons carob powder
- 1 Tablespoon plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a cake pan.
- Prepare flax eggs and set aside for a few minutes.
- Process all wet ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and blend the mixture once more until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 min before cutting.
- Mix all glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake. Serve chilled and enjoy!