- 2 cups mint leaves, stems removed
- 2 cups cilantro, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 (2” inch) piece of ginger root, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 2-3 green Thai, Serrano or cayenne chiles, stems removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 -1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor of blender and process until smooth. It will look like you will need water at first, but please be patient, it will blend down perfectly in time. 1-2 Tablespoons of water can be added when blending to make an even smoother texture.
- Serve. Enjoy!
- Your chutney will keep in a jar in the fridge for a week.