- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 onion, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin, toasted
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fine chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend the nuts, onions, cilantro and tahini to a chunky mixture.
- Add the carrots and cumin and blend until combined.
- Test the mixture for stickiness, adding more tahini if it is too crumbly.
- Season to taste.
- Form into patties. Broil or fry until browned - five minutes a side in an oiled fry pan, or ten minutes a side under the broiler.
- Serve as burgers with your desired fixings. Enjoy!