- 1 (10-ounce) package chicken-style seitan, drained or 1 recipe homemade Chicken-Style Seitan
- 3 Tablespoons tamari or liquid aminos
- 1-2 Tablespoons mirin
- 1 Tablespoon ginger powder
Flax Seed Slurry
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetarian chicken-flavored broth powder
- 1 cup crushed rice crackers
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 2-3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Tear or chop seitan into bite-size pieces. Pat with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Transfer seitan to a large bowl. Add tamari, mirin and ginger. Mix well, cover and allow to marinate for 10-30 minutes.
- To make Flax Seed Slurry: Combine ground flax with warm water in a small bowl. Whisk mixture with a fork until it reaches a gooey consistency. Set aside.
- To make Breading: Combine corn starch, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, broth powder and rice crackers in a small bowl.
- Dip Seitan pieces in Flax Seed Slurry mixture, then coat well in Breading mixture. Set aside. Frying goes quickly, so complete the breading of all seitan pieces before beginning to fry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add batches of breaded seitan to oil. Seitan pieces should sizzle in the oil.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides. Set aside on paper-lined plates to soak up excess oil.
- Allow to cool, transfer to serving plates and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!