Spicy Black Bean Burgers
The right amount of spiciness makes this hearty veggie burger to another level of deliciousness. Perfect for game days!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup sautéed chopped red onion
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Mash beans in a medium bowl. Mix in sautéed onion, breadcrumbs, salsa, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with water if mixture is too dry.
- Using moistened hands, shape bean mixture into burgers. Should yield about 10-12 patties.
- Cook on a lightly oiled frying pan on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on both sides. Enjoy!